Sometimes it’s easier to think that the glass is half empty than half full. Harnessing positive energy is a quick and easy way to feel optimistic and energized!
Positive emotions include love, joy and gratitude. Having gratitude involves being thankful for people, places and things in your life.
Try these steps to boost your energy right now:
– Take a few minutes to comfortably sit down and eliminate all distractions.
– Take out some sticky notes (or small pieces of paper you can tape up).
– Think of 7 things you are grateful for.
– Write those 7 things on the sticky notes and frame them as “I am grateful for…”
Post them somewhere that is within clear view.
– Take time to look at them intermittently throughout the day to remind yourself how lucky you are!
Pay attention to how you feel when thinking about those things. Reflecting on what you are thankful for adds great energy into a productive day! Take that positive energy and put it into the activities you need to finish today.
When you express gratitude, you get a surge in serotonin, the “happiness” hormone. This brings more positive energy into your life, making you feel more hopeful and optimistic. Harnessing and applying that energy to different areas of your life will make you more positive and productive.
Want more Mental Fitness Minutes? Sign up for our weekly newsletter!